Sunday, September 12, 2010

Great Week, Roomies Want Some Recognition

This was a very interesting and crazy week. It all started off with the first day of classes, followed by subsequent back-to-back-to-back-to(you get the picture) nights out. I am at this point almost completely positive that my consumption of calories has included less solid food, and mostly a variety of carbonated alcoholic beverages. Although, in the long run, that will work out perfectly in terms of my personal finances.

Although everyone in the flat has read and enjoyed my blog so far, the real criticism is that I haven't given any awesome shout-outs yet. Don't worry, I've got this. My current four-person in one room living situation has become fairly OK due to the sudden departure of Matt "The Situation" Lafemina. This sudden departure to the smush room came after the smush room was first discovered. The ability of FIE to designate room F as not having a person in accordance with the common need all housemates have after late nights out shows just how wonderful the program is to students.

Matt decided to move into the smush room in order to have a single, which has continued to prove a great decision in terms of overall space in my own room. Now the room is down to myself, as well as the previously named Paul "Pauly D" Bared. We each sleep on the bottom bunks with roomie Thomas on the top bunk above me. Our escapades throughout the house have been, well, they've been well discussed in the comfort of 15 Manson Place.

Our travels this week around London have mainly been restricted by our individual class schedules as we settle in to 3 HOUR classes. I'm telling you, they suck. On Friday, I had a class from 9am-12pm in which the professor cynically talks about the British political system. He's interesting, but could use some work in terms of being less dry. Lucky for us, he decided to show us a movie about Tony Blair for the last hour. Unlucky for him, he fell asleep for most of it. LOL!!! Thats one big difference between the US and London I've found. Americans live to work, Britons work to sleep.

Yesterday Matt and I went to see our first Fulham FC match. It was a great experience with American Clint Dempsey starting for Fulham. They kinda played crappy, but beat the Wolves 2-1, so success. 35 pounds for tickets was not the most fun, but the minute we got home we bought BETTER tickets in the FRONT row behind the goal. That will be awesome as Everton visits Fulham. Thats right, Tim Howard AND Clint Dempsey. Sept. 25 will be a great day. Now I'm off to my poll results. The people have spoken, and the next place I should visit is The Tower of London. Let y'all know what it was like soon!

JoePa Out

No comments:

Post a Comment