Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Start of Classes

Well the first day of classes has officially started, and I think that at this point my British Life and Cultures(BLC) course will be awesome. We get to basically make the course for ourselves in terms of what questions about BLC we come up with on a day to day basis. The class also gets to go on various field trips over the course of the semester. The thing I am most excited about is a report we have to do that discusses our experiences as we meet British people. That means a contest to see who can meet the most British people in my opinion! Woot! Also my professor is quite good looking, and that aspect may make her 3 hour lectures go much faster.

Now I'm just chilling out at the flat and getting ready to go to the gym. The problem is the gym is a 30 minute walk away. That entails using the wonderful tube.
Wonderful Funeral Services Ad on the Tube

Its only one stop away, but it definitely takes a lot of time away from walking. The real problem is that I have to walk today because the tube workers are on strike! Now that is some British culture I feel like I would never experience in the US. No one ever strikes at Corning Glass.

I also found out a sweet website that links into the AU network so I can watch videos on Netflix and Hulu like I'm in America. It's vpn.american.edu for everyone overseas who is now profusely thanking me. Yeah thats right, now you can waste your time at home and not traveling. For me that means a little less money spent though, and that is very positive indeed.

I'm starting to think in a British accent a bit more now, so don't be surprised when the way I write begins to gradually change. It may even be interesting to pay attention to the subtle differences. Until next time, I think its time for the gym, or British Deal or No Deal. Although their version has no models holding the cases, it in some ways is tons better. Excuse me, POUNDS better.

If you'd like to know what I will be doing on this lovely night before my two three hour classes tomorrow, it will obviously be going to a local pub to watch the England v. Switzerland match. Ahh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment