Monday, September 27, 2010

London Just Got Soooo Michelled

This entire week of amazing London was begun with the arrival of a lovely girl, Michelle. I'll have to admit my own determination to post on my blog was definitely not helped by my girlfriend coming to London, but after a great week of helping her move in/get over her her jetlag/meeting her new friends/going out with her, I'm ready to summarize the times.

This week was much crazier in terms of classes and traveling between my new home at UCL aka Michelle's dorm. Luckily its only a 15 minute tube ride, so everything is made much easier. Anyway, this week was basically just filled with a bunch of classes and organizing presentations and travel arrangements. I saw the respondents to my poll, and took into account my bank account when figuring out where i want to go over my fall break. My current plan is to visit Mr. President, Alex Waterhouse, in Edinburgh at the beginning of the break. I mean I'm sure he'll be getting really crazy all the time and I can't wait to join.

The next part of my break will consist of me flying to Frankfurt, Germany to visit my family. My Aunt married a German back in the day so they've lived there over 20 years now. I'm excited to see them considering I did not have a chance to see them when they were in Corning, NY. From there I may travel a couple other places just to see them, but I have yet to decide altogether.

I consider myself quite the lover of high speeds, so I aspire to drive on the autobahn. Don't worry, I won't crash...hopefully. So this Friday night we went out to a club called Fabric again. A lot of fun, but seriously needed to have better music. The beat was always the same with, as many of the girls said, creepers galore. Saturday Matt, Michelle, Cierra and I got up decently early to go to the Everton vs. Fulham game at the Cottage. It was a 0-0 tie, but getting to see Clint Dempsey shoot on Tim Howard was simply, erecting. Onanon was where we went Saturday night, which was CRAZY awesome. Girls scored some points for themselves in the house, but Monica completely lost her blackberry. Today was just about as lazy as all get out. Watched Top Gun, Juno, Sunday football, was a bum, cooked family dinner. We actually ended up setting off the fire alarms all up and down our street due to the amount of smoke that was coming from our kitchen.

Anyway, they're showing the Jets v Dolphins game on Channel 4 here. The coverage is awful but I do miss american football.

Go Jets?

No comments:

Post a Comment